Hennen Library Consulting frequently works with Consensus. Our most recent collaboration was on a project for Altoona Public Library. Consensus is incorporated in Missouri and its office is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Founded in 1984, Consensus is the nonprofit that puts the “public” in public policy. We give people a voice in decisions that affect their lives. Consensus works on behalf of the metro Kansas city community and for clients here and around the U.S.” In 2004, Consensus released a study on library structure and governance called “Making Book: Gambling on the Future of Our Libraries,” written by Jennifer Wilding, executive director. The study received significant national attention. Tom Hennen served as consultant on that project; his research on wider units of service provided an invaluable framework for Kansas City. Consensus and Hennen’s Public Library Consulting joined forces on studies for libraries in Iowa, Washington State, Oregon, and Indiana.
- Hennen provides extensive background on library structure and governance as well as data collection and analysis that illuminates the major issues the client is facing.
- Wilding contributes skills in stakeholder and public engagement, research, public policy and communications.
Consensus and Hennen Library Consulting project samples:
- Altoona P.L. People, Place and Platform: The future of public libraries
- Building Assessment for Altoona P.L in Iowa, April 2017
- Altoona Metrics Report 2017
- Making Book: Gambling on the future of our libraries. (Metro Kansas City)
- Libraries Together: Scott County Iowa
- WCCLS Funding & Governance: Washington County Cooperative Library Service (Oregon)