Valerie Hennen Resume
6014 Spring Street Racine, WI 53406 (262) 886-1625 (home) (262)880-4210 (mobile) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Technical College, 1001 S. Main Street, Racine, WI 53403
General Education Communications Instructor (Full time 1985-2014, part-time 1983-1985 and 2014-2017).
- Teach Associate degree and diploma level general education courses, such as Written Communications, Oral Interpersonal Communications, Speech, Pre-College Writing, Pre-College Reading, and Technical Communication Skills (Act 39 High School Program for at risk students).
- Designed curriculum for Oral Interpersonal Communications and Technical Communications Skills courses.
- Founding member of committee that designed Gateway’s Mentoring program. VTAE
- Certified in Communications, Speech, Reading, and Adult Basic Education/Goal.
Concordia University (Kenosha Center Campus) (1997-2015)
Part time instructor.
Teach adult learners/4-6 week accelerated courses. Modules taught:
- English grammar
- Public Communications
- Leadership Communications
- Communication in Groups
- Taught Writing in Business and Industry for adult continuing education students.
St. James Summer Recreation Program, St. James, MN (1981-1982)
Community Theater Director
- Directed summer productions: South Pacific 1981 and Brigadoon 1982.
Comfrey Public Schools (1976-1981) Comfrey, MN
LD/ED teacher and Secondary Reading Specialist.
- Also directed high school drama/musical productions.
- Forensics coach and state-certified speech judge.
St. Hyacinth Elementary School (1973-1975) Milwaukee, WI
Reading teacher for grades 4-8. Fourth grade homeroom.
Wisconsin Vocational Technical College System
Published state-wide curriculum projects under grants supervised by Sandy Carman, Statewide Distance Learning Coordinator for the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Distance Learning alternatives for classes in Speech 1997.
- Oral Interpersonal Communications. 1998.
WEX Developed course guide for
- Writing Fundamentals – correspondence course 1994
Mankato State University, Mankato, MN
MA Curriculum and Instruction 1978
Certified for Reading Administrator, Secondary Reading Consultant, Learning Disabilities and Emotionally Disturbed (K-12)
Completed 60 plus credits beyond masters degree level at a variety of schools in a variety of areas for continued certification and personal interest.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
BS Secondary Education–English Broadfield 1973
Eligible for certification in Secondary English/Language Arts